1. Emerald Bay is an unincorporated city of Orange County with a Laguna Beach address that originated in 1929.
2. Emerald Bay has its own Homeowners Association and Architectural Committee. Design review and approval is by the Emerald Bay Architectural Committee and Emerald Bay Board of Directors and not the City of Laguna Beach.
3. There are over 14 acres of parks and recreation facilities including 2 children's playgrounds, sport court, 3 beach volleyball courts, 6 tennis courts, swim pool complex and a community center for use by the Emerald Bay residents.
4. Emerald Bay has its own fire station known as Orange County Fire Authority Station #11.
5. Emerald Bay was named after the "Emerald" color of the ocean water.
6. Access to the Emerald Bay 1/2 mile sand beach to residents is by way of a tunnel within the community that crosses under Pacific Coast Highway.
7. Emerald Bay is the only private beach community in Orange County with sand level access. All of the other OC private beach communities require steps and/or stairs down to access the beach.
8. Emerald Bay has approximately 550 custom homes located on the beachside and hillside of Pacific Coast Highway. There are only 19 ocean front located directly on the sand.9. The Laguna Beach fires of 1993 consumed 49 homes in Emerald Bay in addition to various damage to other homes.
10. Emerald Bay was once the home to former Apollo 11 Astronaut Buzz Aldrin. Buzz Aldrin was the second man to walk on the moon after mission commander Neil Armstrong.
To learn more about Emerald Bay and the homes available for sale and lease, call or text me directly at Harold Noriega | 949.400.9905 | Harold.Noriega@Compass.com